Make Better Choices Use Nutrition Labels
Nutrient requirements and food preferences are different among individuals. By making use of nutrition labels, everyone can choose the types and amount of foods that meet their needs in simple steps shown below. Now, let’s look at how we make better choices use the nutrition labels on 3 types of popular food: Cornflakes, Biscuits and Canned soup.
Information for consumers
- List of Small Volume Exemption Products Uploaded on 18/10/2019
- Roving Exhibition on Nutrition Labelling (October) (Uploaded on 2 October 2019)
- Results of Compliance Test for Nutrition Labelling and Declaration of Allergens for August 2019 Uploaded on 24/9/2019
- Low-Salt and Low-Sugar Front-of-pack Label Design Competition, Smart Choices for Low-Salt and Low-Sugar Slogan Writing cum Poster Design Competition - List of Awardees Uploaded on 25/10/2017
Information for trade
- Nutrition Labelling Workshop for Traders Selling Festive Foods - 2019 Updated in September 2019
- Trade Guidelines on Preparation of Legible Food Label Uploaded on 27/5/2012
- Frequently Asked Questions on Nutrition Labelling Scheme (updated in Dec 2011)
- Trade Guidelines on Serving Size of Prepackaged Food For Nutrition Labelling (Uploaded in July 2011)
- Small Volume Exemption Web-based Platform Services (Updated in Dec 2010)
How to read Nutrition Labelling
The enactment of the Food and Drugs (Composition and Labelling) (Amendment: Requirements for Nutrition Labelling and Nutrition Claim) Regulation 2008 signifies a new era of food labelling in Hong Kong as most prepackaged food sold in Hong Kong have nutrition labelling from 1 st July 2010.