Make Better Choices Use Nutrition Labels
Nutrient requirements and food preferences are different among individuals. By making use of nutrition labels, everyone can choose the types and amount of foods that meet their needs in simple steps shown below. Now, let’s look at how we make better choices use the nutrition labels on 3 types of popular food: Cornflakes, Biscuits and Canned soup.
Information for consumers
- List of Small Volume Exemption Products (16 November, 2018)
- Results of Compliance Test for Nutrition Labelling and Declaration of Allergens for September 2018 - uploaded on 23/10/2018
- Roving Exhibition on Nutrition Labelling (November) (Uploaded on 30 October 2018)
- Low-Salt and Low-Sugar Front-of-pack Label Design Competition, Smart Choices for Low-Salt and Low-Sugar Slogan Writing cum Poster Design Competition - List of Awardees Uploaded on 25/10/2017
Information for trade
- Trade Guidelines on Preparation of Legible Food Label Uploaded on 27/5/2012
- Frequently Asked Questions on Nutrition Labelling Scheme (updated in Dec 2011)
- Trade Guidelines on Serving Size of Prepackaged Food For Nutrition Labelling (Uploaded in July 2011)
- Small Volume Exemption Web-based Platform Services (Updated in Dec 2010)
How to read Nutrition Labelling
The enactment of the Food and Drugs (Composition and Labelling) (Amendment: Requirements for Nutrition Labelling and Nutrition Claim) Regulation 2008 signifies a new era of food labelling in Hong Kong as most prepackaged food sold in Hong Kong have nutrition labelling from 1 st July 2010.