The objective of the Secondary School Food Safety and Nutrition Labelling Quiz Competition (Quiz Competition) is to enhance secondary school students’ understanding of food safety and nutrition labelling which help them to develop safe food handling practices and healthy eating habits. The Quiz Competition is co-organised by the Centre for Food Safety (CFS) of Food and Environmental Hygiene Department and Education Bureau, and supported by the Committee on Home-School Co-operation.
- Only one team from each secondary school is allowed to enrol. Each team shall consist of 9 students.
- S1 - S6 students are welcome.
- The quiz competition consists of three rounds (Preliminary, Semi-final and Final).
- Preliminary Round is written test with multiple-choice questions. Each member of the team must complete the written test individually. The team score will be the total score of all the team members. Nine teams with the highest total scores will enter the Semi-final Round.
- Semi-final and Final Round will be in similar format as live oral quiz. Three teams with the highest score in the Semi-final Round will enter the Final Round. The team with the highest score in the Final Round is the winner of the quiz competition.
- All questions are based on food safety and nutrition labelling topics. Related information and competition updates are available on the CFS website and CFS Facebook page for students.
Preliminary Round (Traditional Chinese), Semi-final Round and Final Round (Cantonese)
Certificates and Awards
Final Round and the award presentation ceremony will be held on the same day. Prizes/award certificates for the Champion, 1 st runner-up, 2 nd runner-up will be awarded to the winning teams/individuals. Those who enter the Semi-final Round but not the final Round will be awarded the merit prizes.
Follow up and Support
A briefing session will be held on 28 January 2014 to distribute the resource kit and explain the rules of competition. Dedicated staff will follow up closely with participating teams/teachers-in-charge.
31 December, 2013
- Briefing Session: 28 January 2014 (Tuesday)
- Preliminary Round: 29 March 2014 (Saturday)
- Semi-final Round: 12 April 2014 (Saturday)
- Final Round & Award Presentation Ceremony: 4 July 2014 (Friday)
Risk Communication Section of Centre for Food Safety (Tel: 3962 2063 or 2381 6370) or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Highlights of Final Round and Award Presentation Ceremony of “Secondary School Food Safety and Nutrition Labelling Quiz Competition”
- List of Awardees
- Press release (4 July 2014)
- Food Safety Day 2014 cum Secondary School Food Safety and Nutrition Labelling Quiz Competition and Award Presentation Ceremony (Programme Rundown)
- List of Semifinalists
- List of finalists
- Registration Form
- Prospectus of Preliminary Round
- Prospectus of Semi final Round
- Prospectus of Final Round
- Invitation Letter to Principals
- Publicity Pamphlet