When you prepare food….
- Wash you hands before preparing food
- Thaw frozen foods properly, preferably at a temperature of 4° C or below.
- Wash foods thoroughly before cooking.
- Handle raw and cooked food separately to avoid cross-contamination.
- Avoid preparing foods too far in advance and avoid preparing excessive amount of foods, especially cold dishes such as assorted siu mei and lo mei.
- Handle shellfish with care. Remove the viscera as well as the shells before cooking.
- Vegetables should be thoroughly washed, soaked and cooked to prevent pesticide poisoning.
- Cut chunky meat into small pieces to enable thorough cooking.