The Committee on Reduction of Salt and Sugar in Food (CRSS) proposed to introduce a voluntary front-of-pack “low-salt-low-sugar” labelling scheme (the Scheme) for prepackaged food. The CRSS considers that the Scheme for pre-packaged food will help consumers identify low-salt-low-sugar products easily and make informed choices. It is also wished that the Scheme will serve as a catalyst for the trade to provide more varieties of low-salt-low-sugar products for consumers. The objective of the competition is to invite members of the public to design a set of "low-salt-low-sugar" labels for use in prepackaged food. The authorities may consider making use of the winning entries when introducing the aforementioned scheme.
Eligibility of Entry
The Competition is open to the public.
|Definition in the legislation||
|Intellectual Property Rights||
Reference information on the reduction of salt and sugar as well as the use of nutrition labelling can be referred to the web pages below:
|Sugar reduction page||https://goo.gl/ti20CU|
|Salt (sodium) reduction page||https://goo.gl/O6RgmG|
|Nutrition labelling page||https://goo.gl/Vi8msR|
|Hong Kong's Action on Salt and Sugar Reduction Facebook page||https://goo.gl/Z6RK9f|
Only entries fulfilling the aforementioned basic requirements will be considered. A judging panel will judge the entries according to the criteria below:
- Message presentation and appropriateness (including benefiting the promotion of low-salt-low-sugar culinary culture): 30%
- Usability (Applicable on packages of different size, shape and colour etc. ): 30%
- Design and esthetics: 20%
- Creativity and originality: 20%
The judging panel will be under the steer of the chairperson of the CRSS and/or chairpersons of the Working Group on Lowering Content of Salt and Sugar in Food as well as the Working Group on Publicity and Education. It will compris members of the CRSS and both Working Groups as well as relevant trade representatives.
Judging Process and Awards
- A champion, a first runner-up and a second runner-up will be selected by the judging panel.
- All winners in each category will be awarded prizes and certificates.
|Award||Prize (Home Appliances Gift voucher)|
|First Runner-up||Worth HK$3,600|
|Second Runner-up||Worth HK$2,400|
|Application and Submission of Entry||2 May 2017 (Tuesday) to 7 July 2017 (Friday)|
|Selection of Winners||Before 15 September 2017 (Friday)|
|Award Presentation Ceremony||October 2017|
Application and Enquiries
- Please submit the entry form as well as the entry to the RoadShow Productions Ltd (Address : Flat D, 2/F, HK Spinners Industrial Bldg., Phase 5, 760-762 Cheung Sha Wan Rd, Kowloon, Hong Kong) by post (postage day) or by delivery to the same address during office hours (Monday to Friday: 9 :00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m.-5:30 p.m.) on or before 7 July 2017 (Friday). Please print “Low-Salt and Low-Sugar Front-of-pack Label Design Competition” on the envelope.
- For any enquiries, please feel free to contact us by:
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Phone: 2746 5233