- The CFS received a notice from a local food distributor that the above batches of the product, with wrong cholesterol unit, were under voluntary recall.
- Staff of the CFS will visit the warehouse concerned and conduct inspection.
- According to Section 61 of the Public Health and Municipal Services Ordinance (Cap 132), if any person falsely describes a food or misleads as to the nature, substance or quality of the food on a label of the food sold by him, he shall be guilty of an offence and be liable to a maximum fine of $50,000 and six months' imprisonment upon conviction.
- The CFS is tracing the distribution of the food in question so as to safeguard public health.
- The CFS will inform the trade, continue to follow up and take necessary action. Investigation is ongoing.
- For enquiries about the recall of the above-mentioned product, please call 3507 9100 (CPF Hong Kong Company Limited).