Conditions to be complied with for the import of Mainland chilled chickens
- Each consignment of chilled chickens shall be accompanied by health certificate issued by the respective General Administration of Customs, People's Republic of China.
- An import licence shall be obtained in advance from the Food Importer/Distributor Registration and Import Licensing Office of this Department and shall be submitted for verification.
- The chilled chickens shall be derived from chickens slaughtered and packed by (name and address of approved plant).
- Chilled chickens should be kept at chilling temperature between 0 oC and 4 oC, and in no circumstances exceeds 8 oC throughout all stages from the point of chilling at the processing plant up to and including the point at which a person receives the imported chilled chickens for retail sale in Hong Kong.
- Chilled chickens shall be transported by a vehicle approved by the Director of Food and Environmental Hygiene and the vehicle shall comply with conditions set out in Appendix III.
- Chilled chickens shall be individually packed in closed containers which have been labelled in accordance with Schedule 3 to the Food and Drugs (Composition and Labelling) Regulations, Cap. 132W. The surface of each container shall mark with an indication of processing plant registration number and the date of production.
- On arrival, all consignments of chilled chickens must be reported to Man Kam To Food Control Office at Man Kam To/Airport Food Inspection Office at the Hong Kong International Airport* of this Department and shall be subject to inspection and quarantine by Health Inspectors at a place designated by this Department before release. The importer or his agent shall cause the consignment of chilled chickens to be removed within such time as specified by Health Inspectors to a designated place for inspection and quarantine.
- All containers, packaging materials and ice which are likely to come into contact with the chickens must be in a clean, hygienic and good condition. Chickens stored in broken or defective containers shall be rejected.
- The imported chilled chickens shall, in their original packaging, be directly distributed without tampering with to the confines of food premises licensed by this Department, or stalls in markets managed by this Department and with permissions to sell such commodity.
- A full list showing all the names and addresses of food premises and market stalls to which imported Mainland chilled chickens is supplied, plus the quantity supplied to each shop shall be provided to this Department upon arrival of each consignment at Hong Kong.
*Delete if inappropriate
Conditions to be complied with for goods vehicles used for
transportation of imported chilled chicken carcasses and/or offal
- A goods vehicle, with conveying compartment of an enclosed type, with refrigerating device and capable of maintaining a chilling temperature between 0 oC and 4 oC, and in no circumstances shall exceed 8 oC, shall be provided to transport imported chilled chicken carcasses and/or offal.
- The internal surfaces of the conveying compartment of the vehicle shall be smooth and impervious to facilitate cleansing.
- Hanging rails and/or metal or plastic containers shall be provided inside the conveying compartment of the vehicle for the separate storage of the imported chilled chicken carcasses and offal during transportation.
- The vehicle shall have temperature devices which constantly record the temperature of the conveying compartment on a running graph for the duration of the trip.
- A temperature gauge shall be located outside of the vehicle so that the driver can readily monitor the temperature inside the conveying compartment.
- The conveying compartment of the goods vehicle approved for the transportation of imported chilled chicken carcasses and/or offal shall be kept clean and free from refuse, dirt, or other offensive matter and cleansed and disinfected before loading and after unloading or as and when required by a Health Inspectorate officer.
- The conveying compartment of the vehicle shall only be used for the transportation of imported chilled chicken carcasses and/or offal and shall not be used for the transportation of any live chicken or any other commodities.
- Imported chilled chicken carcasses and/or offal shall be kept hygienically in the conveying compartment of the vehicle at a chilling temperature between 0 oC and 4 oC, and in no circumstances shall exceed 8 oC. This temperature requirement applies to any portions of the chicken.
- Every door or window of the conveying compartment of the vehicle for the imported chilled chicken carcasses and/or offal shall be kept properly closed except during loading and unloading of the food. The chilling device of the conveying compartment shall be kept running at all times when the compartment is loaded.
- No person shall be in the conveying compartment of the vehicle except for the purpose of loading and unloading of the food or for the cleansing, disinfection and maintenance of the conveying compartment of the vehicle.
- The refrigerating device and the temperature gauge of the conveying compartment of the vehicle shall be kept in a good working conditions at all times.