1. Are there any microbiological guidelines for food in Hong Kong?

    Aiming to monitor and control food safety so as to safeguard public health, the Centre for Food Safety has developed a set of Microbiological Guidelines for Food. For more details, please refer to the Microbiological Guidelines for Food and Q & A on Microbiological Guidelines for Food.

  2. Does CFS provide food testing service for food manufacturers/importers?

    The Government Laboratory is responsible for provision of analytical service to the food samples collected by our Department. However, it only provides service to government departments and other statutory bodies. Food trade is advised to approach private laboratories for the provision of testing service.

  3. Would CFS recommend some private laboratories which provide testing service for food?

    Being a Government department, we are not in a position to recommend any private laboratories which provide testing service for food. Reference can be taken from the list of accredited laboratories under the Hong Kong Laboratory Accreditation Scheme (HOKLAS) operated by Hong Kong Accreditation Service (HKAS). Please visit the website at http://www.itc.gov.hk/en/quality/hkas/doc/common/directory/hoklas_food_en.pdf for details.