- Once cooked, food should be consumed as soon as possible.
- Leftovers should be cooled promptly and stored in the refrigerator within 2 hours.
- Leftovers can be cooled quickly by:
- Dividing food into smaller portions.
- Placing food in a shallow container.
- Store food in cool, clean containers.
- Stirring food regularly.
- Refrigerated leftovers should be reheated thoroughly before consumption, and should not be reheated more than once.
- Dispose of leftovers that have been kept in the refrigerator for more than 3 days.
We can use the "2-hour/4-hour rule" to handle food at room temperature:
Place at 4°C to 60°C
|Refrigeration for later use||Immediate consumption|
Food that has been left at room temperature for more than 4 hours should be discarded immediately and should not be refrigerated or eaten.