1. Joint Centre for Food Safety (CFS) / Consumer Council (CC) Article on Your Choice of Snacks (Chinese version only)
2. Joint Centre for Food Safety (CFS) / Consumer Council (CC) Study – "Nutrition Labelling Series"
The Food and Drugs (Composition and Labelling) (Amendment: Requirements for Nutrition Labelling and Nutrition Claim) Regulation 2008 will come into force on 1 July 2010 . Upon that time, all applicable prepackaged food products will have to provide nutrition labels setting out the contents of “1+7” (i.e. energy plus 7 nutrients specified for labelling, namely protein, total fat, saturated fat, trans fat, carbohydrates, sugars and sodium). To facilitate consumers in making good use of nutrition labels to choose healthier prepackaged food product, the Centre for Food Safety (CFS) and the Consumer Council (CC) have launch ed a new article series. In this article series, we will demonstrate how useful nutrition label “ 1+7 ” can be when we come to choosing prepackaged food for our family.
The article series are published in the CHOICE magazine starting from March 2010.
3. Newspaper Articles
5. Food Safety Focus (Monthly Publication)
Check out Nutrition Label to Reduce Sugars Intake from Breakfast Cereals (77th issue, December 2012) (PDF)
Cut down Sodium Intake from Crispy Chips with Nutrition Label (76th issue, November 2012) (PDF)
Want to Get Less Fat from Instant Noodles? Count on Nutrition Label (75th issue, October 2012) (PDF)
- More about Nutrition Label (49th issue, August 2010)(PDF)
- Nutrition Claims - A Quick Reference for Choosing Foods (48th Issue, July 2010)(PDF)
- Nutrition Labelling and Public Health (47th issue, June 2010) (PDF)
- Nutrient and Health – Sodium (34th Issue, May 2009) (PDF)
- Nutrient and Health – Cholesterol (33rd Issue, April 2009) (PDF)
- Nutrient and Health – Fats (32nd Issue, March 2009) (PDF)
- Nutrient and Health – Carbohydrates: Sugars (31st Issue, February 2009) (PDF)
- Nutrient and Health – Carbohydrates: Starch and Dietary Fibre (30th Issue, January 2009) (PDF)
- Nutrient and Health – Energy and Protein (29th Issue, December 2008) (PDF)
- Nutrient and Health – Maintain Optimal Nutrient Intake (28th Issue, November 2008) (PDF)
6. Food Safety Bulletin (For Consumers) (Quarterly Publication)
7. Risk Assessment Studies on Nutrition
8. Survey on Public Knowledge, Attitude and Practice regarding Food Safety and Nutrition Labelling
- Survey on Public Knowledge, Attitude and Practice regarding Nutrition Labelling 2012
- Survey on Public Knowledge, Attitude and Practice regarding Nutrition Labelling 2008