Benefits of Implementing a Food Safety Plan
In recent years, a Food Safety Plan based on HACCP concepts is internationally acknowledged as a tool for enhancing food safety.
The World Health Organization (WHO) and the Codex Alimentarius Commission (CAC) recognized HACCP as one of the systems to ensure food safety.
Benefits of a Food Safety Plan based on HACCsP includes:-
- Traditional food management systems are reactive to food hazards. However, a Food Safety Plan applies a preventive approach to minimize food hazards.
- A Food Safety Plan acknowledges the responsibilities of the industry for food safety.
- A Food Safety Plan minimizes the limitations of traditional food management systems such as end-product testing and inspection.
- A Food Safety Plan improves consumers's confidence in the product.
- A Food Safety Plan minimize the possibility of food poisoning.
- In a long run, a Food Safety Plan lowers production cost on raw material wastage and food recall.