- To be a leading food authority that commands the confidence of all stakeholders in protecting the health of the people.
- To ensure that food sold in Hong Kong is safe and fit for consumption through tripartite collaboration among the Government, food trade and consumers.
- Integrity, fairness, effectiveness, professionalism, responsiveness and transparency.
- The Centre for Food Safety has adopted a lively and warm image as its logo since its establishment on 2 May 2006 under the Food and Environmental Hygiene Department.
- The orange colour of the Department logo is adopted in the design of the Centre logo, which also takes on the green colour representing "safety and hope". The capital letters "C", "F", "S" in the logo are the abbreviation for "Centre for Food Safety". "F" forms the main body which is flanked by two circles each containing "C" and "S", and the three entwined components signify partnership in food safety and echo the mission of the Centre, which is to enhance food safety through proactive tripartite collaboration among the Government, food trade and consumers.