Food Alert - Prohibit imports of a fruit jelly produced in Taiwan
Source of Information
Centre for Food Safety (CFS)
Product name and Description
Brand and food name: Sheng Shiang Jen (translation) Konjac Coconut Jelly (Taro Flavour) Manufacturer: Triko Foods Co, Ltd Place of origin: Taiwan Count/Weight/Volume: All count/weight/volume Batch No.: All batches
Reason For Issuing Alert
The sample was found to contain high level of di(2-ethylhexyl)phthalate (DEHP).
Action Taken by the Centre for Food Safety
- Prohibits imports and supply of the affected product from noon on June 2.
- The CFS has alerted the trade of the incident. The CFS will continue to liaise with the Taiwanese authority on the plasticiser contamination incident and closely monitor the situation.
Advice to the Trade
- Recall of the affected product available in the market.
- Suspend sale of other flavours of Sheng Shiang Jen (translation) fruit jelly unless a certificate stating that the products are free from plasticisers can be provided.
- Suspend selling any drinks or food that might be affected by the plasticiser contamination incident.